Featured Post

1999 Pacific: The Final Pack!

I can't think of a better way to celebrate the upcoming weekend than to (finally) open up the last pack out of my box of 1999 Pacific baseball cards.

Pack 36:
3.  Gary DiSarcina
27.  Bruce Chen

The last image variation of the box.

91.  Scott Servais
152.  Jeff Reed
165.  Seth Greisinger
206.  Shane Mack
259.  Shane Andrews
282.  Brian McRae
294.  Derek Jeter

Pretty nice card of  the Yankees' captain.

357.  Kent Mercker

And that's all she wrote!

So I went the entire box without a single Barry Larkin card (booo!) but other than that I can't really complain much.  Nothing super rare in our box (no parallels at all, in fact) but still, it was a fun little rip.  Quite honestly, I think I enjoyed the box rip a lot more simply because of the fact that I spread the packs out over such a long period of time.  Without any "hits" to look for, and with relatively few inserts, it can get a bit mind numbing to simply find blue-backed base card after blue-backed base card.  Still, I actually appreciate the set for what it is:  a simple, no-frills way to acquire a lot of cards in a single box with a nice card design.  Kudos to Pacific for making such a set!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:08 AM

    BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!

    Thanks for sharing the box break; it was fun, and I think we all learned a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment