Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 540: 1991 Baseball Card Magazine - #16

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  Baseball Card Magazine
Card number:  16

This is the final one of the "cut out" Larkin cards that I have added to my collection somewhat recently.  For 1991, the cards were based on the 1966 Topps design, a design that isn't my favorite of the retro Topps years.  That said, I do like the large comic on the back - and the write-up is nice as well.  Besides Larkin, the set contains three other Reds (Eric Davis, Randy Myers, and Hal Morris) which is kind of slim considering the set is 72 cards in size and that the Reds were coming off of a World Series win the previous year.  No matter, I'm happy to have the Barry Larkin card - yet another "oddball" offering in my Larkin card binder!

Comments